Cheery and fun for all ages!
“Our son needed reindeer treats for his class but forgot to tell me about it until the day before. So we improvised and stuck animal crackers in the cupcakes for antlers and used other sweets for the eyes and noses. The students loved them.“
—Karen Gardiner, Eutaw, Alabama
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 24 each brown and blue M&M's minis
- 24 miniature marshmallows, halved
- 24 red jelly beans
- 24 miniature vanilla wafers
- 48 miniature pretzels
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes.
- Reserve 2-3 teaspoons frosting; spread remaining frosting over cooled cupcakes. For eyes, using reserved frosting, press an M&M mini into each marshmallow half. Place two eyes on each cupcake. For nose, attach a jelly bean onto each vanilla wafer; place on cupcake.
- Insert pretzels into cupcakes for antlers.
Yield: 24 servings Prep time: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
This recipe is featured in
Taste of Home Christmas 2014
350+ holiday-special recipes, homemade gifts, dazzling decor ideas, complete menus and more.
Accept your FREE PREVIEW!