Cajun Beef Casserole
Only 15 mins to prep!
“Have little ones who won’t eat veggies? They won’t complain one bit when you bring this cheesy casserole with a corn bread crust to the table. For picky eaters, try using less Cajun seasoning."
Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions. Spread into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, vegetables, tomato paste and seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Pour over top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Yield: 6 servings
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 25 min
This recipe is featured in
Easy Weeknight Dinners
Discover 300+ quick-and-easy recipes for fuss-free meals—a new dish for every weeknight of the year. Most prep in 15 minutes or less!
Accept your FREE PREVIEW!