Southwest Bean and Chicken Pasta
Ready in just 25 mins!
“My wife is a wonderful cook who’s generally skeptical about my kitchen experiments. But she likes this recipe well enough to give me temporary kitchen privileges."
Mike Kirschbaum, Cary, North Carolina
- 3 cups uncooked mostaccioli
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed nacho
cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-use
Southwestern chicken strips
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the soup, chicken and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes..
- Stir in beans; heat through. Drain mostaccioli; transfer to a serving bowl; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Yield: 6 servings
Prep/Total time: 25 minutes
Wine Pairing: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
This recipe is featured in
Easy Weeknight Dinners
Discover 300+ quick-and-easy recipes for fuss-free meals—a new dish for every weeknight of the year. Most prep in 15 minutes or less!
Accept your FREE PREVIEW!