Ricotta and Cheddar Zucchini Frittata
Cheesy, delicious flavors with veggies!
Ideal for breakfast or dinner, this delicate frittata hits the spot without being too heavy. Prepare it with sharp cheddar cheese for extra flavor.
—Amy Crane, Swartz Creek, Michigan
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Toss zucchini with flour. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, sauté zucchini in oil until crisp-tender and lightly browned. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites, eggs, ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, yogurt, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir in zucchini. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds and remaining cheddar cheese.
Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
Wine Pairing: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
This recipe is featured in
Taste of Home Diabetic Cookbook
Eating well never tasted so good! These 196 lip-smacking main dishes and luscious desserts are your secret to success.
Accept your FREE PREVIEW!