Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
Falls right off the bone!
“This is my favorite slow cooker recipe. The delicious, slightly spicy sauce will win you over, too!"
—Yvonne McKim, Vancouver, Washington
- 6 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- With a sharp knife, cut leg quarters at the joints. Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar, oil, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer 2 cups to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken.
Yield: 12 servings
Prep: 15 min, Cook: 5 hours
Wine Pairing: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
This recipe is featured in
Simple to make and BIG on flavor! Get over 100 mouthwatering recipes starring easy, affordable, fast-to-fix chicken.
Accept your FREE PREVIEW!