Chicken Pesto Sandwiches
A fast and easy option for weeknights!
“These easy sandwiches are great for game day! They’re tasty, and also so easy to prep ahead and assemble
later at the event.”
—Colleen Sturma, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup prepared pesto, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick), toasted
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into six slices
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread 1 tablespoon pesto over each chicken breast; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Spread 3 tablespoons pesto over six slices of toast; layer with red peppers, chicken and cheese. Spread remaining pesto over remaining toast; place over top.
Yield: 6 serving
Prep/Total time: 30 minutes
Wine Pairing: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
This recipe is featured in
Simple to make and BIG on flavor! Get over 100 mouthwatering recipes starring easy, affordable, fast-to-fix chicken.
Accept your FREE PREVIEW!