Potato Bacon Casserole
A quick and hearty favorite!
“I came up with this recipe when unexpected company arrived and I didn’t have enough lettuce and tomatoes on hand to make a traditional salad. Everyone enjoyed it so much that it became a regular at our table.”
Home cook from the TasteofHome.com community
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a greased 8-in. square baking dish, layer half of the potatoes, onion, bacon and cheese. Repeat layers.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk and seasoned salt; pour over potato mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Prep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
This recipe is featured in
Find 288 shortcut recipes that start with pre-packaged foods for easy meals that taste like you made them "from scratch."
Accept your FREE PREVIEW!