Makeover Macaroni and Cheese
- 8 Servings
- Prep/Total: 30 min
“Creamy and cheesy with comfort in every bite, this lightened-up classic is sure to become a family favorite at your house, too!”
Nancy Langrock, Southbury, Connecticut
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in process cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese until smooth. Drain macaroni; stir into cheese sauce.
- Remove from the heat; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe is featured in
Taste of Home Best Loved Healthy Recipes
Feast on your favorites without the guilt! Enjoy over 1,000 delectably healthy recipes from home cooks like you!
Accept your FREE PREVIEW!