Busy-Day Chicken Fajitas
- 6 Servings
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 4 hours
“When I don't have much time to cook supper, slow cooker chicken fajitas are a flavorful way to keep my family full and satisfied. Try spicing things up with medium or hot picante sauce."
Michele Furry, Plains, Montana
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: sour cream, sliced ripe olives and thinly sliced green onions
- Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker; add black beans, pepper and onion. In a small bowl, mix picante sauce, garlic powder and cumin; pour over top. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve with tortillas, cheese and toppings of your choice. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe is featured in
Quick Cooking Annual Recipes 2014
You’ll get 600+ fast, family-favorite recipes & time-saving tips for delicious meals on your busy nights.
Accept your FREE PREVIEW!