Black Bean and Beef Tostadas
- 4 Servings
- Prep/Total:30 min.
“Just a handful of ingredients add up to one of our family’s favorites. Also easy to double for company!”
—Susan B., Kansas City, KS
- 8 ounces lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 8 tostada shells
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, sour cream and/or salsa
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 2 tablespoons. Stir in black beans; heat through.
- Spread refried beans over tostada shells. Top with beef mixture. Serve with toppings of your choice.
Ready in just 30 minutes!
This recipe is featured in
30-Minute Healthy Cooking
You’ll get 308 light and family-pleasing recipes, all with complete Nutrition Facts and prep times—all table-ready in 30 minutes or less!
Accept your FREE PREVIEW!