Chocolate Brownie Waffle Sundaes
- 8 Waffles
- Prep/Total: 30 min.
“One of my best friends loves chocolate as much as I do, so I like to make this over-the-top treat when we're together playing board games or cards in the winter.
—Vicki D., Milltown, IN
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Hot caramel and/or fudge ice cream toppings
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients until smooth. Stir in pecans and melted chocolate (batter will
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with ice cream, toasted pecans and ice cream toppings.
This recipe is featured in
Taste of Home
Holiday & Celebrations 2013
You'll get 300+ party-ready recipes, tips and ideas for a year of holidays and get-togethers!
Accept your FREE PREVIEW!