Chicken Tostadas with
- 6 Servings
- Prep: 30 min. + marinating
- Bake: 20 min.
“The ginger adds a pleasant zing to this twist on a traditional tostada. It's so easy to eat healthful foods when good fresh salsa is around.”
—Erin M, St. George, Utah
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 5 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the orange juice, 3 tablespoons lime juice, garlic powder and cumin; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the mangoes, onion, cilantro, serrano pepper, ginger, brown sugar, salt and remaining lime juice. Cover and chill until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Cut into thin strips.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook tortillas over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Top each with coleslaw mix, chicken, mango salsa and sour cream.
Editor's Note: Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
This recipe is featured in
Recipes Across America
You’ll get 735 all-American recipes from home cooks coast to coast!
Accept your FREE PREVIEW!