- 8 Servings
- Prep: 30 min
- Bake: 30 min + cooling
“A brownie is about as American as you can get, and I make this special dessert only on Independence Day.”
—Edie D., Logan, Utah
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 cup white baking chips
- Whipped topping and maraschino cherries with stems, optional
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, corn syrup and extract; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Add to creamed mixture and mix well. Drain chopped cherries on paper towels. Fold the cherries, almonds and chips into batter.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped topping and cherries if desired.
This recipe is featured in:
Country Cooking 2013
You'll get 350+ down-home, family-favorite recipes and tips, all from real home cooks just like you!
Accept your FREE PREVIEW!