Million Dollar Pecan Bars
- 24 Servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Bake Time: 20 minutes
“Hearty and full of flavor, this Italian-style soup freezes well if you want to make it ahead or have leftovers to save for another day.”
—Michelle G., Cedarburg, Wisconsin
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package butter pecan cake mix (regular size)
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped Diamond of California® Pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add cake mix just until blended. Stir in oats. Press 3 cups onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine milk and chips. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes; stir. Cook 1 to 2-1/2 minutes longer or until chips are melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in butter and vanilla until melted. Stir in pecans. Spread over crust.
- Crumble remaining oat mixture; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
This recipe is featured in:
Quick Cooking Annual Recipes 2013
You'll get 600+ family-friendly recipes and tips for delicious meals in a flash!
Accept your FREE PREVIEW!