Holiday Tortellini Soup
- 8 Servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
“Hearty and full of flavor, this Italian-style soup freezes well if you want to make it ahead or have leftovers to save for another day.”
—Michelle G., Cedarburg, Wisconsin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta or bacon, finely diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (49-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes in puree
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, rinsed and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add pancetta. Cook until crisp. Add onion; cook 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add broth and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions; drain. Add cooked tortellini to soup mixture. Stir in crushed tomatoes and simmer 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook just until wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
This recipe is featured in:
Taste of Home Best Loved Recipes
You’ll get 1,485 tried-and-proven recipes from families just like yours!
Accept your FREE PREVIEW + FREE GIFT!