Stovetop Beef 'n' Shells
- 4 servings
- Prep/Total: 30 min.
“I fix this supper when I'm pressed for time. It's as tasty as it is fast. Team it with salad, bread and fruit for a comforting meal.”
—Donna R., Shumway, Illinois
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes. Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture and heat through.
This recipe is featured in:
Taste of Home Almost Homemade 2013.
You'll get 300+ delicious, nutritious and FAST recipes & tips for speedy meals you can serve up even on your busiest days.
Accept your FREE PREVIEW of
Taste of Home Almost Homemade 2013