Brie Toasts with Cranberry Compote
- 24 Servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Bake Time: 5 minutes
“Just six ingredients are all I need to create an elegant appetizer perfect for entertaining. The tart cranberry compote pairs well with creamy Brie cheese.”
—Katherine W., Omaha, Nebraska
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1/2-in. slices
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 pound Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, vinegar, cranberry sauce and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 12 minutes.
- Brush bottoms of bread with butter; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Top bread with Brie. Bake for 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Spoon cranberry mixture over cheese, about 1 tablespoon on each. Yield: about 2 dozen.
This recipe is featured in:
Taste of Home Best Holiday Recipes 2012
You'll get 235 treasured family recipes for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day—all from real home cooks just like you!
Get your copy of Taste of Home Best Holiday Recipes 2012 today!