Zucchini with Dill
This is a much-requested recipe. Everyone loves the creamy sour cream sauce enhanced with dill.Diane Glowinski, Chicago, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 pounds zucchini, julienned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini in butter until crisp-tender. Stir
- in flour. Add water, lemon juice, sugar and salt if desired; bring
- to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream
- and dill. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with margarine and fat-free sour cream and without salt) equals 3 vegetable, 1/2 fat; also, 111 calories, 79 mg sodium, 3 mg cholesterol, 15 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm protein, 4 gm fat.