Zucchini and Corn Saute
I fix this vegetable side dish often to put a big crop of zucchini to good use. Corn and bell peppers add color and flair. It goes great with any summer meal, but I always serve it with roast pork.
-Vera Reid, Laramie, Wyoming
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons canola oil, optional
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini and peppers in oil until
- crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; saute 3-4
- minutes longer or until the corn is tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with nonstick cooking spray instead of oil and without salt) equals 48 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.