Zucchini Twice-Baked Potatoes
Flecks of zucchini add pretty color to these potatoes. My mother prepared them each Christmas when I was young. Now my brothers, sister and I rely on the recipe. Mary Maxeiner, Lakewood, Colorado
6 ServingsPrep: 65 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 large baking potatoes (about 3/4 pound each)
- 3 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 400° for 50-75 minutes or
- until tender. Cool until easy to handle. Reduce heat to 350°. In
- a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in 1 tablespoon butter
- until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Scoop out the potato pulp, leaving a thin shell; place pulp in a bowl
- and mash. Add the sour cream, salt, pepper and remaining butter;
- mash. Stir in zucchini mixture. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle
- with cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 20-25 minutes or until heated
- through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 170 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 406 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.