Zucchini Tomato Provencal
Here's a delicious side dish I turn to often. Vegetarians can make it into a main dish by simply adding vegetables to the pasta.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 2 plum tomatoes, peeled, quartered and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the
- zucchini, tomatoes, green pepper, garlic, salt and pepper. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are
- tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 117 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 352 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.