Zucchini Raisin Bread
Billie Hersh of Ritzville, Washington makes this moist bread with shredded zucchini, plump raisins and cinnamon. "Try slices of it toasted," she suggests.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order
- suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust
- color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5
- minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if
- needed). Just before the final kneading (machine may audibly signal
- this), add the raisins. Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 125 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.