My sister created this recipe and shared it with me. She has a huge vegetable garden and each year works with her abundant yield, combining her vegetables in many different ways. Somehow, she always seems to come up with a new dish that's both colorful and delicious!
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in zucchini,
- green pepper, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat
- 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender. Stir in tomatoes;
- heat through. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with
- Parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 85 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.