Zucchini Pork Dinner
I work full-time, but I love to cookso I need to rely on meals that are wholesome and fast. This dish deliciously combines both treats! Plus, I like the fact that it doesn't dirty a pile of pots and pans.Helen Vail, Glenside, Pennsylvania
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound pork cutlets, cubed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 medium zucchini, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook pork in oil until browned, about
- 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic; cook for 5 minutes or until onion
- is tender. Add tomato juice and seasonings; simmer, uncovered, for 5
- minutes. Add the zucchini; cook and stir until crisp-tender, about 5
- minutes. Serve over noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 155 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 444 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or