Flecks of zucchini give these savory, moist pancakes a pretty appearance. For a suppertime side dish, field editor Leann Meeds of Klamath Falls, Oregon suggests topping them with spaghetti sauce and Parmesan cheese.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, oregano, salt
- and pepper. Combine the zucchini, egg, onion and mayonnaise; stir
- into dry ingredients until well blended.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Drop zucchini mixture by cupfuls
- into skillet; press lightly to flatten. Fry until golden brown,
- about 2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sour
- cream if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 307 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 399 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.