In place of potato pancakes, try these cute rounds that are very simple to prepare with on-hand ingredients. Not only are they tasty, they're pretty, too. To eliminate some of the fat, I use a nonstick griddle coated with butter-flavored cooking spray.
El Dorado, Kansas
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese, pepper and eggs
- just until blended. Add the zucchini and mix well.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Drop batter by about 1/3 cupfuls
- into skillet; press lightly to flatten. Fry until golden brown,
- about 3 minutes on each side. Yield: 5 pancakes.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 128 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.