Zucchini Corn Medley
This side dish with its creamy cheese sauce and zippy taste, turns abundant garden vegetables into a comforting side dish.Norma Erne, Albuquerque, New Mexico
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 5 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook zucchini in water and salt until
- just tender, about 6 minutes. Add corn; cook for 1 minute. Drain.
- Stir in chilies; pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. shallow baking dish.
- Melt butter in a saucepan; stir in flour and seasonings until smooth
- and bubbly. Stir in milk; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil
- 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in
- cheese until melted. Pour over vegetables. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 171 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 492 mg sodium,