This salad is a treat for the eyes and the taste buds. Guests always comment on how good it looks, and I'm glad to serve a dish that's attractive. But looks don't count for much if a dish doesn't taste good, too.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups coarsely shredded zucchini
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup mild picante sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Drain zucchini by pressing between layers of paper towels. Place in a
- large bowl and combine with cabbage, carrot, onions and radishes. In
- a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables
- and toss well. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 55 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.