Sometime I have to double this recipe because my husband has been known to have third or fourth helpings!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage link (about 1/4 pound), casing removed
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine or beef broth, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Crumble sausage
- into a skillet; add onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat until
- meat is no longer pink; drain. Combine the sausage mixture, pasta,
- spaghetti sauce, wine or broth if desired and seasonings.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish; top with cheese. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and
- cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 550 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 1,306 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 24 g protein.