Zippy Tortilla Chips
If store-bought tortilla chips are too salty for you, try making these quick-and-easy snacks. You're sure to get a (spicy) kick out of them!—Kim Sumrall, Aptos, California
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- Cooking spray
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stack the
- tortillas; cut into six wedges. Arrange in a single layer on a
- baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Spritz the wedges with cooking spray; sprinkle with seasoning
- mixture. Bake at 375° for 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 12 chips equals 138 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.