Zippy Sirloin Steak
This so-simple spice rub is how I add smoky flavor and a nice texture to sirloin tip steak. — Lisa Finnegan, Forked River, New Jersey
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef sirloin tip steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Rub over both
- sides of beef. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill beef, covered, over medium heat
- or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until
- meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should
- read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for
- 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3 ounces cooked beef equals 160 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 512 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.