Zippy Cranberry Appetizer
Tart cranberry flavor blends nicely with mustard and horseradish in this out-of-the-ordinary cracker spread. It's quick to fix, too. —Marie Hattrup, Sparks, Nevada
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 to 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Assorted crackers
- In a large saucepan, bring sugars and water to a boil over medium
- heat. Stir in cranberries; return to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes or
- until thickened, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- Stir in horseradish and mustard. Transfer to a large bowl;
- refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, spread cream cheese
- over crackers; top with cranberry mixture. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 178 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.