- discarding bay leaves and vegetable pulp; set aside.
- For marinade, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the Liquid
- Smoke if desired, teriyaki sauce, celery seed, pepper, salts and 1
- cup reserved barbecue sauce. Add the brisket. Seal bag and turn to
- coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining barbecue sauce.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place brisket on a large sheet of
- heavy-duty foil; seal tightly. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x
- 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 3-4 hours or until meat is
- Remove brisket to a serving platter; let stand for 15 minutes. Reheat
- reserved sauce. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Serve with
- sauce. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: ounces cooked meat with 1-1/2 tablespoons sauce equals 341 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 1,144 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 42 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.