I frequently prepare this recipe when my family's asking for turkey and when I don't feel like making a whole bird. It's a nice comforting meal for cool fall evenings.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 2 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 to 4 bay leaves, crumbled
- 1 turkey breast (4 to 4-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine spices and mix well. Place turkey on a rack
- in a roasting pan; rub with spice mixture. Add broth to pan. Bake at
- 350° for 2-3 hours or until thermometer reads 170°, basting
- every 30 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 3-1/2 lean meat; also, 187 calories, 85 mg sodium, 69 mg cholesterol, 3 gm carbohydrate, 32 protein, 4 gm fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer