Jazz up everyday tacos in a snap! Black-eyed peas and a drizzle of Italian dressing are the surprise ingredients that perk up this recipe. Susie Bonham - Fairview, OK
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 8 taco shells
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup zesty Olive Garden Signature Italian Dressing
The salad dressing you love at Olive Garden is now available to use at home on salads, sandwiches, veggies and more!
See More Recipes >
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, prepare taco shells according to package directions. Stir
- peas into skillet; heat through. Spoon 1/4 cup beef mixture into
- each taco shell. Top with tomatoes, lettuce and cheese. Drizzle with
- salad dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 taco equals 302 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 933 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.