Zesty Lemon Potatoes
"I created this recipe to go with fish, but it's also excellent with chicken and pork," shares Susan MacKenzie of Edwards, California. "The potatoes are good at room temperature or piping hot."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil;
- cook until tender. Combine the remaining ingredients. Drain
- potatoes; add lemon mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (2/3 cup) equals 114 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.