Zesty Lemon Granita
A light dessert with a refreshing, icy texture, one taste tester dubbed this “the most lemony thing I’ve ever eaten”! Sonya Labbe - Santa Monica, California
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Cook and stir
- until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice
- and thyme. Transfer to an 8-in. square dish; cool to room
- Remove thyme sprigs. Freeze for 1 hour; stir with a fork. Freeze 2-3
- hours longer or until completely frozen, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Stir granita with a fork just before serving; spoon into dessert
- dishes. Garnish with lemon peel. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 140 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.