Zesty Grilled Sandwiches
Store-bought coleslaw adds sweetness and a fun change of pace to these extra-easy grilled sandwiches. Serve chips or veggies alongside, and dinner will be ready on the double! —Missy Herr, Quarryville, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 16 slices deli ham
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup deli coleslaw
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- On four slices of bread, layer the ham, provolone cheese, coleslaw
- and cheddar cheese. Top with remaining bread slices. Spread oil on
- outsides of sandwiches.
- On a griddle, toast sandwiches until bread is lightly browned on both
- sides. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 614 calories, 31 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 1,731 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.