Zesty Grilled Chicken
With just two ingredients in the marinade, this chicken recipe is ready in a snap. While my husband grills the chicken, I prepare the rice and heat the sauce to spoon over the top. LaDonna Reed, Ponca City, Oklahoma
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup chunky salsa, divided
- 4 tablespoons zesty Olive Garden Signature Italian Dressing, divided
The salad dressing you love at Olive Garden is now available to use at home on salads, sandwiches, veggies and more!
See More Recipes >
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons salsa and 2
- tablespoons salad dressing; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to
- coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining salsa and dressing; cook
- over low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally; set aside
- and keep warm.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill
- chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for
- 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Immediately top with cheese. Serve over rice if desired. Top with
- salsa mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 3 tablespoons sauce (prepared with fat-free salad dressing) equals 229 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 701 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.