Zesty Corn Dip
This dip is zippy and delicious! I especially like it with Hawaiian bread. . .the hint of sweetness compliments the "heat" from the cayenne pepper.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) white corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, cayenne and cumin
- until smooth. Stir in the corn, tomatoes and cheese.
- Transfer to an ungreased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Cut a 1-1/2-in. slice off top of bread. Carefully hollow out loaf,
- leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread and bread top. Cool dip
- for 2-3 minutes; spoon into bread shell. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve warm with bread cubes. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 193 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 449 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.