- tender; add to the Dutch oven. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce,
- salsa, zucchini, carrots, corn, chilies, cumin, chili powder and
- basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25
- minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with cheese and tortilla chips if desired. Soup may be frozen
- for up to 3 months. Yield: 10 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups (calculated without cheese and tortilla chips) equals 152 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 518 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.