- apart onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a
- wire rack. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside.
- Discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the beef, jalapenos and onion
- over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato
- sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and extract. Simmer
- for 30 minutes.
- Fill puffs with beef mixture and sprinkle with cheese; replace tops.
- Serve immediately.
- Yield: 16 servings.
The puffs for Zesty Burger Puffs can be baked a day in advance and refrigerated in an airtight container. To reheat, place on a baking sheet; bake at 325° for 5 to 10 minutes. Split and remove soft dough. Fill with beef mixture and sprinkle with cheese; replace tops.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 195 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 457 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.