Zesty Broccoli and Artichokes
We grow a lot of broccoli in our garden, so I've experimented with different ways to prepare it. It tastes very good and is good for you.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add broccoli; cook, uncovered,
- for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Add the artichokes
- and saute for 2 minutes. Add broccoli, salt, pepper and pepper
- sauce; saute 3 minutes longer or until broccoli is tender. Remove
- from the heat; sprinkle with lemon juice and Parmesan. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 68 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.