Zesty Beef Spread Appetizer
Green olives and dried beef are a flavorful combination in this spread. I really like the fact that I can make these logs in advance.Rosa Martin, Bridgewater, Virginia
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon chopped green onion or chives, optional
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) sliced dried beef, chopped, divided
- sliced pimiento-stuffed olives, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients until blended. Stir
- in 1 cup of beef. Shape into two logs, about 6-in. each. Press
- remaining beef onto each. Garnish with olives if desired. Chill for
- at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 69 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.