Zesty Beef Brisket
I cook often for church functions. This tender, well-seasoned beef is really very little fuss to make for a crowd.Al Latimer, Bentonville, Arizona
8-10 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
- Barbecue or horseradish sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Rub over brisket.
- Place in a greased roasting pan. Cover and bake at 325° for
- 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until tender. Thinly slice meat across the
- grain. Serve with barbecue or horseradish sauce or cooking juices.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 6 ounces equals 185 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 287 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.