Yummy Mummy Cheese Spread
"My annual Halloween bash wouldn't be the same without the now famous Mummy Man," says Rebecca Eremich of Barberton, Ohio. "When kids first see Mummy Man, they wonder if they can actually eat him. I assure them they can, and we hack off a foot or an arm with some crackers."
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 port wine cheese logs (12 ounces each)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 2 whole peppercorns
- 1 pimiento strip
- Cut cheese logs into pieces for mummy's head, body, arms and legs;
- arrange on a serving plate.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk. Cut a small hole in the
- corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert basket weave tip #47. Pipe
- rows across the mummy, creating bandages. Add peppercorns for eyes
- and pimiento strip for mouth. Chill until serving. Yield: 1
- cheese log.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1-1/3 ounces) equals 79 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.