“I’ve been making this for years and my family has always loved it.“ TIP: You can substitute lime juice if lemon isn’t on hand.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium ripe California Avocados, peeled and pitted
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Corn chips
- In a small bowl, mash the avocados and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir
- in the tomato, jalapeno, cilantro, lemon juice and salt. Serve with
- corn chips. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 78 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.