- cake onto the towel. Starting from a short end, roll up cake in the
- towel. Place seam side down on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Unroll cake; spread coconut-pecan frosting to within 1 in. of edges;
- roll up cake without the towel. Cut and reserve a narrow diagonal
- slice from each end of the cake. Reserve 2 tablespoons chocolate
- frosting for mushrooms. Attach diagonal cake slices with a little of
- the frosting to opposite sides of cake with remaining frosting. With
- the tines of a fork, make strokes in the frosting to resemble bark
- on a tree trunk.
- For the mushrooms, half marshmallows widthwise. Flatten half of each
- marshmallow for cap of mushroom; roll other half between palms of
- hands for stem. Attach caps to stems with the reserved frosting.
- Dust tops of mushrooms with cocoa; place around the log. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 610 calories, 30 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 337 mg sodium, 80 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.