Yellow Pepper Soup
Enjoy a hearty cup of soup that's flavored with the mild and sweet taste of yellow peppers. Edward Griffiths of Stowe, Vermont adds garlic and minced chives for a special touch.
5 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 3 large sweet yellow peppers, chopped
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until
- vegetables are tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return to the
- pan. Add butter and oil; cook and stir until heated through and
- butter is melted (do not boil). Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 5
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 152 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 385 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,