Put the supermarket cake mix back on the shelf (and the money it costs back in your wallet) because baking a cake from scratch just go easier! Top off squares with frosting or a fruity sauce.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 cups Master Baking Mix (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine baking mix and sugar. Add eggs, water and vanilla;
- beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire
- rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 172 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.